Hepatitis Social Community
home after surgery

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

home after surgery

surgery went well woke up with no pain except from the incision and muscles and nerves waking up . Been in pain since 2005 and I was blessed to have had a great neurosurgeon Wearing neck collar un able to drive but its worth it. They gave me a pnuemonia (pneumonia) shot before being discharged and was in hosp just over night! Took 2nd Hep B shot today and will see another new primary Dr tomorrow. So the only complaint I have is chest congestion and coughing up yellow stuff since before surgery they have found no infection so will find out more tomorrow. Im having to use my enhaler more then 4 times a day to breathe. Of course I need to stop smoking and it has really curtailed me from doing so because I do like breathing. Will ask for patches tomorrow. Anesthieologist was great about asking about my liver and made adjustments accordingly. I know part of it is due to being put under. had IV antibiotics before leaving hosp.
So, glad to hear you are finally getting good care.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
This might be a good time to go ahead and quit smoking, with so many changes happening already.
Try not to lay flat if you can. It helps to keep the lungs clearer.
Hang in there~
OH
You can really do yourself a big favor by quitting smoking.  If I did it....
anyone can.  I loved to smoke.... then I started coughing all the time..
got pneumonia had to have an inhaler.... and always seemed to get chest
congestion.   Then I quit!!!!! it was wasn't easy.  But it was one of the best
things I ever did for myself.   I chewed wades of that gum to quit smoking.
The patch can make you dream weird dreams. Just so you know your not
loosing your mind when you wake up with the patch.  I hope you quit.  Good Luck recovering from your surgery. Sounds like your well on your way to better health.  
i see primary today and will talk to her about quiting, I quit before and with the death of my ex husband and everything I ve been thryu this past yr its all i had to keep me from losing it completely nobody knows any better then i that I need to stop. On way to Doc....thanks for the support!
When I did the patch I was able to cut them in half and sort of did my own custom wean -off. Once I quit, It was incredible to note the changes in my breathing and general health. plus I hated smelling like an ash tray! It is definitely doable and I wish you good luck and good health.

I am glad it sounds like you have great care and were able to get back home so quickly. I hope you heal fast and recover even quicker:)

Best wishes,
Laura