Hepatitis Social Community
hypatitis c

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

hypatitis c

my mum suffers from hypatitis c now she's been asked to go for liver transplant i don't know so much about this disease except that it's killing im so desperate mum is all what i have in this world i can't imagine i can loose her it's so hard im trying to give her portion ofy liver anyway my life without her would be meaningless but we lack the expenses of the surgery can anybody help me? tell me  please about your experiences and how can i get help
I am very sorry to hear that your mother is so ill.

(You should post your questions in the Hepatitis C Community as you are asking about medical issues. This forum is for more general discussions).

Liver transplantation and hepatitis C is a huge complicated topic.
We need more information about your mother's condition.
* Where she is receiving treatment? What hospital/ Transplant Center?
* Your mother has no medical insurance?
* Is your mother on any form of disability?

Please provide some answers ad more information about the situation and we will be happy to help you and your mother.

Thanks for posting.
Hector
thank you for responding me im in canada i work here but mum is back home in Tunisia and her  doctor asked her to go to france for the liver transplant we don't do that in Tunisia she's 54 years old she has no disabilities when you see her she looks so healthy while the medical reality says she may pass away as for the insurance they may cover the treatment but not the liver transplant and the surgery..as for her situation  she's got the fluid her stomach looks so big
Thank you for your response.

Sorry but I have no knowledge of the French medical system and what treatment they may provide.

I would suggest you talk to her doctor in France to learn more about your mother's health situation and prognosis.

Although it appears that your mother is suffering for End-Stage Liver Disease for which the only cure is a liver transplant, many of us have been living with that stage of liver disease for years. I first experienced the same complication of liver disease that you described the your mother has over two years ago ("ascites " - fluid buildup in the abdomen) and I am still able to function well enough to take care of myself and have a somewhat normal life although I am limited in what I can do and go through difficult times when my disease temporarily disables me. So much more details about your mother's diagnosis and prognosis is needed to understand when she will actually need a transplant to continue living.

"she has no disabilities when you see her she looks so healthy "
For your mother to appear to still look healthy means her liver is not about to fail any time soon. A person whose liver is failing will be hospitalized many times and will become disabled with many life-threatening complications from their liver disease. There will become skin and bone, turn yellow from jaundice, and have many other terrible complications. Again you will need to talk to her doctor to find out exactly how ill she is and when she will actually need a transplant. It could be years from now. Meanwhile she will need to be treated and monitored to make her as comfortable as possible and to manage the symptoms she will suffer from as her disease get worst.

I am sorry I cant help further. Maybe someone here has some other ideas or is familiar with the health system in France and how they manage "End-Stage Liver Disease" there.

I wish you and your mother the best and hope she is able to get the treatment she needs.

Hector
When I was looking into having a transplant in Thailand, I spoke with a surgeon who was forming a live liver transplant team. He was a top surgeon at the hospital in Bangkok and had just came from Paris where he practived live liver transplantation.
This liver center is well known,  within Europe and Asia, doing both research, transplants and other liver disease issues, in Paris.
I'd feel good about having surgery there.

Your mother's big belly is swollen with liquid. She needs diuretics to reduce the swelling. Then she should be eating a diet without salt or red meat.

Good luck to both you and your mother,
OH
thank you to everybody who answered back i really appreciate that
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Canady74 Saving... Comment
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
Track your weight over time