Hepatitis Social Community
leg pain

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

leg pain

I am in week 20 of pegasys and riba I have been non-detected since week four and pretty much sysmptom free, but the last two nights I have woke up with incredible pain in my legs.Is this normal?
   Hmmm, I do know that this kind of pain is listed as a common side effect of Interferon...I think it reads as:  joint pain, muscle pain, but I have herd people describe it as bone pain also.
    I got it at about 12 wks into Tx, and still have it, at about 4 and a half weeks post Tx.  I hope yours goes away shortly after you are finished with your Treatment, are you only doing 24 weeks?
Hi I am sorry to say the leg pain is normal.  I had terrible leg pain, saying that try to drink as much water as you can.  The inf dehydrates the body and adds to the pain.  I also took calcium, magnesium, potassium and zinc.
I tried everything.  Some helped others did not.
Soaking in a tub of epsom salts could help
Did I mention the water :)
My best to you
Dee
Bone or muscle pain?
I had incredibly painful leg-pain on and off during tx which led to my specialist telling me I could 'up' my paracetamol (tylenol) on the days that it was bad.  Something rings a bell about bone marrow working hard - I think our legs do a lot of the blood production (correct me if I'm wrong).  

Luckily it wasn't continual; heat helped and walking/exercise (when I wasn't in pain) seemed to benefit - it also seemed to happen in the weekend to me - 2 days after shot day - and well into tx, but was sporadic rather than continual - all the best - that was one hard symptom that luckily, not everyone has to contend with.