Hepatitis Social Community
prograf level in the blood

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

prograf level in the blood

hi to everybody! just wanna ask, my husband latest result of prograf test is 6.5, unlike the previous which is 2.5 only, i donno if it is normal or high level? he is taking prgraf 1mg. 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening. He is now 6 months post transplant.

Thanks for your time my God bless us all.

*Marso*
The normal reference range for Prograf is 4 - 16 ng/ml. This is so individual that it is hard to know what level is right for anyone without a lot of experience. I think 6.5 is nothing to worry about. I might ask his coordinator if she thinks the gap between this Prograf level and his previous level looks alright. I wonder whether his Prograf dose was the same for both labs and, if so, whether the lab time was different or if there was some other factor present. For instance, if he had diarrhea the evening before his labs that could account for the lower Prograf level. I think 2 mg Prograf per day at 6 months out is a really nice dose and his Prograf blood level of 6.5 is definitely within range. Good luck, Mike
I had kidney transplant 2004 my prgraf level is suppose to run  between 6-8
I can tell when it gets to high by the way I feel. I had open heart surgery 10-09 have a mechanical valve and take coumadin, That is causing trouble with my prograf  levels going up and down
Thank goodness I have such good Physcians and they keep up with the dosage changes.
Good luck,
Carol from Texas
thanks a lot to all posters it really helps us clears out and undersand what is really happening on prograf result.

Good luck and more power to all!