Hepatitis Social Community
skin tags ???

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

skin tags ???

Hi All
while reading through questions, recently, I saw somebocy mentioned a skin tag that had gone away.  I cannot find that log now, and searxh is not helping.  Wondering if they'd mind speaking up again, I have had similar experince, and am wondering whats' up?
thanks
Albany
I have had skin tags and big raised moles disappear, while on tx.  I asked the dermatologist if the medications for treatment could be making them disappear.  She said had never heard of it happening, but does mean it wouldnt.   I had been having itching episodes on the moles, and with my rash got some steriod cream from her, and putting that on it. so maybe it was the steriod cream.
There are a number of warts, some that look like tags, are caused by a virus.  Interferon kills the virus and the warts disappear.
I have a couple of what I think are skin tags, on my neck, very small. But my parents have them too, and they are just old, lol....would be interesting to know if they are from the hep. I also have a few of those very tiny dark pink dots, and I've heard of conflicting things on those too, that they are from the hep, and that they aren't.
Hey, interesting topic; about 9 months ago, while both on tx., Missy Mouse and I both noticed an absence of skin tags too.  I had several on the left side of my neck that I had seriously been considering having removed and wham-oh, a few months into tx. they vanished.  I questioned the NP at the GI's office who denied ever hearing of such a thing ........ go figure.  Lyn
Talk to one of your doctors about removing the skin tags.  They can do it quickly and easily.  My ob/gyn has done it for me.

Hi! Can I ask you how they removed them? by a lazer or something? Hope they didn't use tweezers! lol...hope youre well....would be interesting to know, perhaps the hep ramps up the aging process relative to these skin things, maybe they'll know more in the coming years...
thanks for your comments...i will follow up with Dr's, but just thought that that was totally weird, cuz i had a booked surgery to remove the tag, and lo and behold, within 4 wks of Tx, it is shrinking ... almost gone.  Don't tell me there are POSITIVE effects from pegatron...lol...
Interferon is used for some skin skin conditions, so it's not surprising to me.  I had a tag disappear during tx but it had more to do with the derm shaving it off (using a scalpel) than the ifn.
The first time the doc zapped it with something.  I dunno really.

The second time the doc froze it off.

Didn't hurt a bit.  
Yes! I'm so glad to see this subject as I noticed the same thing myself. I had much more skin tags, I believe it's genetic. I remember seeing my grandmothers neck, full of skin tags. Until tx it was like looking in a mirror. The old fashioned way to deal with them was to put a piece of thread around the tag and pull it off. I even tried shaving them off. My dr said he could zap them with a freezing agent and remove them, but I had so many, I just never thought of it seriously.
Then, I treated and most of the skin tags are gone. Hope they don't come back, but I'd choose skin tags over hep c coming back or txing again...
Bug
what's a skin tag?
Skin Tags are like little bitty raised moles.
thanks :)
Thank you for opening this subject - skin changes for the good.  Don't mean to be so out there but the genital wart and the plantar wart on my toe I've had for years have dissapeared.  I'm on Alubuferon and Riba - 1b.  This Friday will mark my 12 week period.  My viral load will finally be revealed.  Also the swelling around my ankles has not returned.  The exhaustion and mood swings have increased.  Ah so.  I really appreciate being able to be truthful with such private matters.  I am proud of all warriors doing what they can!
Well,

Hate to be contrary, but I have exactly the OPPOSITE problem!

I've had more strange growths appear and disappear all over my body in the past 10 months than in the past 20 years!

From lumps on the eyebrow, on the corner of the eye, in the armpit, on the shins, to the latest (just in time for Halloween) a pea-sized thingie dangling off the tip of my nose!  
I posted about them but now I realize why I didn't get many responses!  Most have probably had the opposite reaction!  *LOL*

FWIW - all the lumps have, so far, vanished within a couple of weeks.  hope the same holds true for the nose mole.

wyn
I got a lumpy looking kind of thingee on my back - at first it looked like what they call skin tags - but then it got dark almost black - It started in the summer and I was concerned it was skin cancer...but the Doc said it looks like a wart - AS IF! LOL  

But, I didn't have this before treatment and I think I was into month 6 when it came about - I will have to have it burnt off once tx is over...

I hope yours on the nose goes away - these meds cause weird stuff huh

Best of luck to you Beth
The nose booger might be an interesting prop for my halloween costume.  *g*

One interesting, semi-serious aside;  The FIRST skin problems I had were two reddish-purplish rashes on my left calf.  I thought it was idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (God, how I looooove writing that - peg and riba do weird things to the brain, too).

Anyway,  They have been there for 10 months but the past two weeks I noticed they've finally faded to frecklish-hue and are flush with the rest of the skin.

of course I interpret that as a sign the meds are working and don't you DARE try to talk me out of it!  *lol*

wyntre

PS - bet your lumpie goes away soon.  
thanks I sure hope it goes away...It's right near the armpit on my back so if I wear sleevless shirts or tank tops you can see it - grosss  LOL

you're funny about the nose booger LOL  
Oh . . . . i had those red pimply armpit lumpies, too.  Just in the right pit. . . about 6 of 'em.  Had them for a couple of weeks but now they're gone.

wyn
you're lucky...I have had mine for a few months now
Did you have them checked by the Dr.?
yeah I went to my Family Doc, he said they were warts! LOL  I said I am on an anti-viral med how can I have warts - He looked at me dumbfounded...I asked My Liver Doc and she said it looks like warts, again I said I am on an anti viral how can I get a virus, she said she would refer me to a dermatologist once tx is over - I have 10 more weeks to go ...If yours went away maybe I will get lucky and mine will to