Hepatitis Social Community
stopping incevik 4 days early

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

stopping incevik 4 days early

started with 875,ooo viral load. Negative since week 4. if i sop 4 days early for many reasons will it hurt the outcome?
Noody can answer that, the only thing is they suggest you do 100% of the treatment....... So the question is, do you feel lucky???
Why stop 4 days early? Cutting corners and making up your own treatment protocol is not a good way to successfully treat hepatitis C. If you are treating with three drug therapy you risk developing resistance and have no other options until new treatment become available.
It your call.

Hector
i stopped 5 days early....i felt i had to stop to stay alive...i think you take the drugs till you feel your bodies going to give out...the morning i stopped i made it downstairs to the kitchen(that was really tough) where my girlfriend was making me blueberry pancakes..i looked dead..my face fell into the butter...she said "you gotta stop" i did....lots of folks trying to help thought it was nuts stopping 5 days early....later i found many with bad symptoms had stopped incivek early...its funny how different drugs affect people...and what defines a bad symptom...when i went to my doctor i would prep my girlfriend as to how we could make light of my symptoms to be able to stay on tx...one time i couldn't even sit up in the chair for the exam.....had to lay down....they took me off riba for 10 days but i kept taking the incivek and interferon full dose...i would take the drugs as prescribed the best you can...i'll bet you will feel better at least mentally when the incivek is done..  good luck...billy
Doing less than the prescribed protocol is always a risky venture when doing HCV therapy.
if your doctor feels the side effects are life-threatening and ceasing any of the drugs because of this  you should follow his direction.

best of luck...
Will
Obviously the drug is so new no one can answer. It depends on your reasons. If it is the fatigue there are shots you can take once a week to battle the anemia. Ask about that.

I am also finding the teleprevir a real challenge and I'm in week eleven, but I didn't go through all this to quit and then worry till my final SVR. If you possibly can hang in there do it, but only you know your body. Also are you sure the symptoms you are experiencing are definitely the teleprevir?

I really emphasize with you.
Spring I asked the same thing I know the end is torture but hang in there you came this far FINISH...  I finished yesterday kept one pill in the bottle so when I think life is bad I can go look at that and remember how I made through treatment.  You can do it keep swallowing those pills down and know when its over its the best feeling in the world! Today is day one for me off the meds WAHOOOOOOOOOOO...  Keep pushing!
My doctor indicated I could have quit at week 10.
I was really feeling awful.

My problem was I was concerned that if things didn't go well later
I would always question my decision.

Ended up dragging through the entire 12 weeks, but I was really sick.
Now that it's in the past I am glad I forced myself to do the whole 12 wks.

Reva
4 days? Please if you relapse you will always kick yourself in the butt and wonder if that was it.
Now is when you need to really dig down deep and fight!! If your Dr. wants you to stop then that is a different story.....4 more days.....you can do it!!
I had that conversation over & over in my head thru my entire tx. That's all I thought about. But Then I thought to myself I have to finish this, I made it this far, I can do this. If I was able to finish, so can you.You're almost there!
yeah, tough  it out unless your doc says stop.  You will feel only a little less like crap for the next four days if you stop anyway.  I cant imagine anything getting much worse in the next 4 days if you stick with it.  You can do this!!!!!
My last 2 weeks of Incivek I could hardly stand.
I had tp prop myself  up against the wall while at the doctors.

Unless your doctor stops you can do this.
You've got a bunch of people pulling for you.
If you can't do it one day at a time maybe you can do it hour by hour.
You can finish 4 days...

Reva