Hepatitis Social Community
to check in and see my ole HepC friends

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

to check in and see my ole HepC friends

I hope everyone is doing well.   I am still clear.. or was when last tested.. and sure i am still.. but will have a liver panel run, next check up.     I have been staying away from the doctors for the last couple of years.    Other than I need to go back for Synthroid.. I would probably stay away longer.      

On another note.. My 86 yr old father, was just diagnosed with Stage 4A liver cancer.   won't do any treatments, as the side effects , will mess with his quality of life.. whats left of it.     But I am right here with him.. so can check on him and help take care of him as it gets closer / worse.      

I think of you all , all the time, and pray that those that have now finished are clear.. and positive thoughts and prayers for those that havent.    I will be checking in from time to time, for support dealing with my dad.    Its been a tough past 12 months for me for personal reasons, end this recently illness is compounding that..   Life is what it is I guess..  

Dana
My heart is with you

Hugs
Elaine
Hi there, Dana and Elaine.  I just popped in for a quick Medhelp looksy.  I don't come on that often anymore, but, Dana, I saw your post.  I'm glad to hear you're still SVR.  I am still in waiting for that, but it looking hopeful with the new sofosbuvir (spelling?) that is supposed to be coming out in a year or two.  I don't qualify for any of the late stage trials-I checked.  They won't take me because of my past issues with exposure to Telaprevir and because of the skin issues as well.  But, I will use this drug once it gets on the market because it has such a high % of TX success.  Take care.  Susan400