Hepatitis Social Community
ultraviolet light
About This Community:

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ultraviolet light

does anyone know if ultraviolet light therapy works on hep c or is it some kind of scam?
Related Discussions
13 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Show me the money.
Blank
I have a bridge..
Blank
I don't think so either, though I kind of remember a thread about it?   saying it didn't work?

Blank
I don't know what you mean by ultraviolet light therapy. If you mean something akin to taking a suntan, it's a scam. However, cancer research these days is doing a lot of  research using targeted light to destroy cancer cells.  I think there was an article about it in Cell.
Blank
I did a little looking at this. The skinny as far as I could tell is that there was a small trial. There was some VL reduction in some, no clearence and a concern about mutation. Sorry, it's IFN/RIBA with maybe an add on right now. ( I have added Alinia to my treatment with great results.) jerry
Blank
AW...i think i know what your talking about...ive been looking into ultalight therapy in the past...do you mean when they zap your blood to clean the virus  from the blood and then it goes back into you body....yes    i have heard of this and it is very interesting...sorry bout the show me the money remark....if you guys do a google on this you will be amazed
Blank
The technique destroys a virus with a pulse of light from a low-power laser. The pulse produces mechanical vibrations in the virus shell, or capsid, irreversibly damaging and disintegrating it, and so "deactivating" the virus for good. The technique might be used to kill HIV, as well as hepatitis C, say the researchers involved.

http://www.rexresearch.com/tsen-uv/tsen.htm
Blank
Try this site, too,  if counting your RBV pills turns out to be a piece of cake:

http://nano.cancer.gov/resource_center/nano_critical.asp
Blank
Looks like something Aliens would conjouer up.. too freaky...but i do love reading up on nano tech...have you ever heard of stem cells enhanced by consuming a blue greeen algae extract?
Blank
577132_tn?1314270126
Hehe, you are too funny!
Blank
408795_tn?1324939275
There's a couple different treatments that are being advertised as cures or just treatments for killing the virus.  They are scams and both are supposed to be administered by a medical doctor, they target ppl who don't want to tx with interferon or ppl who have, but failed or relapsed.  Neither work, one is called a Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and the other is UV light therapy.  These devices have not been approved by the fda to treat HepC.  I think the Hyperbaric oxygen chamber has been approved for asthma and the other device ultraviolet has been approved for dermatologic uses only.  If you ever have any doubt you can go to the fda website at www.fda.gov and run a search.  
Blank
I was serious about the stem cell release and the algae...i take the stuff...not now because im on tx....but this stuff does work...evetone i know who has taken this,,,their artritis has totally gone....something is up with this
Blank
Oh, Danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are calling,
From glen to glen and down the mountain side;
If you fall for the UV scam it will only take your money and pride
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis Social Community Resources