Hepatitis Social Community
und at 8 weeks

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

und at 8 weeks

I am working with new Dr. He's great!  My viral load is undetectable !! I'm a little anemic but he's not worried. He insisted I go dermatologist  immediately for rash on arms. He said he would make the call himself if I didn't. I did go to the derm but he wants to take me off riba. Were going to give it week with the new prescriptions  and hope I can ride this out. I'm the easy one 2b. I think its just me & racky who won the lotto. Doesn't feel that great. Lol!!! Thanks for your help guys. Kitty
Congrats on the UND!  Great news.  But I think I would find another dermatologist if I were you.

Jules
Thank you Jules. But he is my dermatologist. He's also friends with my new gastro, not that it means anything. He's just looking out for me, there's more to my skin than I post. I have severe actinic keratosis. I'm very careful. Cali. girl should of been raised in Ireland. Thanks so much for your concern!!!
I have PCT and my dermatologist would never recommend reducing Riba or stopping it completely because he understands the importance of tx of Hep C.  I'm wishing you the best!
What's pct. ?  I just read your Bio thing. Lol!! I'm so bad at this. But your interested in skin conditions. So just let me know when you have time.thnx
Sorry that was a little harsh!  I will send you a PM
Congratulations on being UND. That is wonderful news.

I don't know all of your skin issues but I had a bad rash, started week 10 or so. I took Hydroxyzine 50 mg oral every 6 hours, Fluocinonide Ointment (body), Clobetesol soln. (scalp), Hydrocortisone Valaerate (face). These are all prescriptions. the over the counter stuff was totally useless. It was not until I was on a high enough dose of Hydroxyzine that the rash finally got under control.

Best of luck.
PS: I did 48 weeks and was UND at 12 weeks after end of treatment. Therefore I have a 99.7% chance at SVR. I will have my 24 week after end of treatment test in 9 days and will know for sure.
Thanks pooh,  9 days will go by quick. I'll be rootin for ya!!! My derm gave me the same hydroxyzine (the pill) but different ointment. Ultravate is the ointment. Its working so far and I've only used it twice. Thanks I'm gonna be looking for your good news:-) :-) :-)
Congrats on the 8 week UND !!! Hopefully your skin issues can stabilize so the Derm doesn't take you off the Riba. Geno2...odds are with you if you can finish TX. Maybe you can suggest a dose reduction instead of taking you off all the way. (If it comes to that) Hopefully a week is enough time to allow the medications to work there magic.