Hepatitis Social Community
update

This forum is for hepatitis patients, family members, loved ones, friends or anyone with an interest in hepatitis, to have open social conversations about any topic they choose, with the exception of religion and politics. Please note that our standard “Rules for Posting in Public Areas”, which are found in our Terms of Use , also apply in this community. If you are newly diagnosed with Hepatitis or you have questions or information to share about current treatments, research studies, clinical trials, or other medical issues pertaining to Hepatitis, please post it in one of our Hepatitis Communities ( Hep A , Hep B , Hep C or Hep-autoimmune ).

update

I had my first date with the hepatologist.Also some blood work done.I had hoped for her to recieve my labs I had from the hospital from 4 days before they were for the exact same things.I will recieve an app in 1-2 weeks for a 3 day battery off tests and a class with my caregiver.CAREGIVER! I don't have one ,all of my family is miles away.My dear 72 year old mother told me she would do it if I go to the Mayo Clinic.(she lives in North Dakota),I have another daughter that is in St. Cloud MN the rest of my kids...well my son is in Texas going to the University studying International Business.One daughter has an alcohol problem,another daughter is a narcotics abuser that even cheats with her suboxone,the 13 year old I have is too young .That leaves my sweet son that oroiginally said he would do it.His picture is on my profile.I think he is scared now and has backed off.He says very unkind things to me to the point that last summer I had to ask him to leave.I have 6 kids and have no kids at all.
So scary to wonder what will come next I am battling back panic attacks and going to bed just so I don't have to think.  Thank you all for caring.I remember again that my God is stronger than anything and he will send me comfort so that I can think without fear.I AM SNOWBANK WOMAN!!!!
Oh dear Snow~ it is incredibly sad that of your six children, not one can assist you in your time of need.

Perhaps this is the time for someone other than you to talk to your son. Maybe your man can explain the seriousness of your condition to him. In fact I think the whole family should be made aware of your situation. Cast a wide net to see what fish you might catch.

If there is anyone there who can give you massage, I would strongly suggest you have some body work done. It can help relieve your pain and relax you.

You are a strong woman and if you have no caregiver, go to the appointment and be your own caregiver. You are Snowbank woman and snowbanks are strong !
What is the CAREGIVER for?

Sorry we do not have this requirement here down under. I have seen that in US you guys have to go through that class and I am assuming that all is explained in relation to how the medication needs to be taken

I am doing my own injections, I do not have a caregiver at home. My husband and mother do not really have much clue on how to do the injections or even what time I take my meds. They  are supporting me in a different way but I am mainly taking care of myself.

Fear is human, this is why we all support each other on this forum. You will make it through and we will be here each step of the way

I guess what am I trying to say is stay strong, you can go alone, must be lost of single people attending that class.
Post transplant caregiving.
Hi Snow
The caregiver is post transplant, correct?
Do you know if you are to be put on the transplant list, how long it will be before you get the transplant?
I was going to be a caregiver for my sister.
Check your pm :)
When a person has ESLD, there are many accompanying problems, some can severely affect mental clarity.
It is extremely helpful to have another person's help, if only to remember things.  
Hi Dianna66,
Cree has shared with us in previous posts that she has decompensated Cirrhosis and Hep C. She has posted previously that she's been referred to a transplant center in Seattle to be seen by a transplant hepatologist. When a patient's liver is decompensated, they are too ill to treat Hep C because the currently approved treatments can cause life threatening complications or cause their liver to fail. Typically at that stage of liver damage, the patient requires a liver transplant to live. Generally speaking, transplant centers require each pre transplant patient to have a care giver available to take pre transplant, immediate post transplant,and longer term post transplant care classes and show that the patient has the care and support necessary to survive the transplant and the recovery period, because the patient cannot do this alone without that support and care in place. A solid support system is needed,along with many other requirements to assure the best chances for survival. Anyone who knows more than I do, feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.
Advocate1955
Thank you so much for the explanation.
I am sorry I did not answer your questions.I have been on the phone and pc for hours trying to get some things thought through.
Congratulations on getting so many things accomplished.  Take care of yourself, and keep moving forward.
Keep us posted.
Advocate1955
  I know, here in California, at least, that Social Services provides disabled people with the option to choose their own In-Home Care-Provider, it is called In -Home Supportive Services. You can use a relative, or trusted friend.
    Perhaps you have a dependable neighbor who needs the part-time job, like perhaps a single mom. It does take a few months to get this service going, is the main problem.