Hepatitis Expert Forum
Can't sleep at night due to itching
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Can't sleep at night due to itching

I have two questions regarding hep c. I was recently diagnosed with the disease and am wondering about the itchiness that is associated with hep c. Could you please explain to me what I can expect from that sympton.  On the bottom of my foot I have an itch that I can not seem to aleviate, I have only been diagnosed with the disease I have not had any further testing to see at what stage i am in.  The reason for the test at all was I went in to get vacinated against Hep A & B. I am wondering if this vaccination will affect or increase the severity of my disease.  Please let me know especially about the itching so I can sleep at night.  thank you
Related Discussions

Dear Gwen:
You ask some excellent questions and I appreciate the opportunity to answer them.  Let me answer your second question first and your first question last.
The vaccinations for hepatitis A and B will not make your liver disease worse.  In fact, they will help you in that they should prevent you from getting either hepatitis A or B.  Individuals who have hepatitis C often do especially poorly if they then obtain either hepatitis A or B on top of the hepatitis C.  These vaccinations should prevent this from happening.  We are fortunate to have these generally effective and generally safe vaccines.  
I find your itching interesting but I am not sure what to make of it.  Patients with liver disease can develop itching as a side effect but often the disease is moderately advanced.  Sometimes our patients with hepatitis C complain of itching but we aren
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979