Hepatitis Expert Forum
H. pylori

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

H. pylori
Hi Dr. D,

Should HCV sufferers be concerned about being infected with H. pylori? Apparently, it speeds up fibrosis and may hamper response to treatment. I am being tested for it... haven't heard yet if test is positive. I am about to begin week 8 of tx with Pegasys... would the H. pylori (if indeed I do have it) already have affected my chances of responding to tx and eventual SVR?

Thanks for taking the time!
Chiara :)
Dont think that H pylori really has an effect on treatment.It is fine to be tested and treatment is relatively easy so if you have it get treated. Not to worry about the HCV if the virus is responding then that is all you need worry about. DTD