Hepatitis Expert Forum
Hep C & anabolic steroids
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hep C & anabolic steroids

I am a 48 year old hiv positive male living in the Uk.I have been diagnosed with hiv for the past 9 years & have been on combination therapy med Atripla for the past 3 years with a cd4 of 300 & a undetactable viral load.
I was diagnosed with hep c in May 2008 with lft of approx 2,500.I started hep c treatment on January 7th 2009 & i am in my 5th week taking a weekly injection of Viraferon alfa-2b & Rebetol 3 x 200mg twice daily.My lft is now around 100 & is coming down weekly.at the moment.My Hep C viral load fluctuates between 700,000 & 2 million & the doctors at this point do not know how my treatment will respond.They are going to do another viral load test at week 12.
.I have used anabloic steroids probably 3 times a year mixtures of 2mg decca & 1mg sustanon ,1mg tri tranabol over an 8 week period.I am concerned that I will not be able to take any steroids with my hep C.Please could you honestly advise on theese points-

**if it is posssible to take any anabloic steroids after week 12 if the treatment does not respond the hep c medication.

***if it is posssible to take any anabloic steroids after week 12 if the treatment does start to work with the hep c medication.

****Please advise your view of taking anabloic steroids , Decca , Sustanon & Ti Trenabol with Hep C what are the side affects or can you advise the best solution..