Hepatitis Expert Forum
High Liver Enzymes Quick Change
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High Liver Enzymes Quick Change

On December 27 I had sex with a woman of unknow status (one night stand), used a condom.  On December 28th I had blood work done with AST results of 16 and ALT results of 20. Donated blood on January 21st, no problem. Then on February 24th I had another blood work done for cholesterol. My AST results where 133 and ALT 66. I have been taking CoQ10 with red yeast rice and fish oil to lower colesterol for a month (2,400 mg of red yeast rice, 240 mg of coenzyme q-10 and 2,000 mg of omega pure fish oil and 600 mg of total omega - 3 fatty acids, daily) , also took an atibiotic, minocycline 50 mg for 5 days prior to exam, i take a multivitamin from GNC and within last 30 days started taking Recreate, a weight loss product sold at vitamin stores (if you need to see ingredients see bottom of this page: http://www.usplabsdirect.com/catalog/Recreate-p-107.html.
I also have been taking an anti depressent, paroxetine 20mg, for 6 weeks. Could all this stuff I am taking be the cause for such increase in a short period of time? Last exam was on Dec of 2008 but I gave blood on Jaunary, blood services would have notified me if enzymes where high. So in about 1 month this has changed. Could it be hepatitis C or B? Please advice.