Hepatitis Expert Forum
High Liver Enzymes Quick Change
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

High Liver Enzymes Quick Change

On December 27 I had sex with a woman of unknow status (one night stand), used a condom.  On December 28th I had blood work done with AST results of 16 and ALT results of 20. Donated blood on January 21st, no problem. Then on February 24th I had another blood work done for cholesterol. My AST results where 133 and ALT 66. I have been taking CoQ10 with red yeast rice and fish oil to lower colesterol for a month (2,400 mg of red yeast rice, 240 mg of coenzyme q-10 and 2,000 mg of omega pure fish oil and 600 mg of total omega - 3 fatty acids, daily) , also took an atibiotic, minocycline 50 mg for 5 days prior to exam, i take a multivitamin from GNC and within last 30 days started taking Recreate, a weight loss product sold at vitamin stores (if you need to see ingredients see bottom of this page: http://www.usplabsdirect.com/catalog/Recreate-p-107.html.
I also have been taking an anti depressent, paroxetine 20mg, for 6 weeks. Could all this stuff I am taking be the cause for such increase in a short period of time? Last exam was on Dec of 2008 but I gave blood on Jaunary, blood services would have notified me if enzymes where high. So in about 1 month this has changed. Could it be hepatitis C or B? Please advice.