Hepatitis Expert Forum
INF AND LAMIVUDINE

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

INF AND LAMIVUDINE

Posted by MIKE on July 27, 1999 at 09:48:55
HAVE YOU HEARD OF BEING TREATED WITH LAMIVUDINE FOR 6 WEEKS TO KNOCK DOWN THE VIRAL LOAD THEN STOPPING AND STARTING INTERFERON TREATMENT?

Posted by HFHSM.D.-D.M. on July 31, 1999 at 17:10:21
Dear Mike:
Sure, there is a lot of interest in using lamivudine and interferon together in the treatment of hepatitis B.  My understanding is that trials to date that have tried to use lamivudine first and interferon second have not been not shown that this is better than just using lamividuine alone.  Perhaps we just need more time and work to find the right combinations and right order.  
I hope this information is helpful to you. Good luck with your situation.  If you have additional information or questions, I would invite you to post the material to MEDHELP .  The direct number to our Liver Clinic at Henry Ford is (313) 916-8865.  At Henry Ford, we have an active group of liver specialists with a strong interest the care and research of with hepatitis B.
This response is being provided for general informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or consultation.  Always check with your personal physician when you have a question pertaining to your health.