Hepatitis Expert Forum
RASH AND ITCHING HEP C

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

RASH AND ITCHING HEP C
ANYTHING TO HELP STOP THE RASH. COMING IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT. STAYS FOR ABOUT 1 HOUR. CAN IT BE RELATED TO THE LIVER HAVING CIRRIOUS AND A ENARGED SPLEEN?
I can really relate to the bad itching and rash.  I tried everything from Benadryl, Hydrocotisone creme (spelling) and alot of over the counter cremes and lotions.  I  do not sell what I am about to reccomend.  I bought Mary Kay's Extra Emollient Night Creme.  It is realy thick and can be applied with water to help hold in the moisture.  I also found that frequent bathing or showering increases the dryness of your skin.  I cut my bathing backto 3-4 times per week rather then twice a day.  I did alot of sink baths.  I am sure you are aware that water intake can also affect your skin.  Drink plenty of water.  Utilizing soaps that are hypoallergenic without perfumes etc.  Heat is also very irritating to a rash.  Try to bath in cooler water, use a wash cloth that is cold can be applied to areas that are especially irritating.  Hope this is some help. stubby 226