Hepatitis Expert Forum
Relapsed, from Roche R1626/Prodrug
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Relapsed, from Roche R1626/Prodrug

Hello, I am a 52 year old 140 lb female.  I am a Geno Type 1A  with Grade 2 Stage 4 .   When I started treatment on 2/1/08 my viral load was 12M, within 8 weeks of the triple combo I was undetectable. I took 180iu of peg (reduced to 135 after 4 weeks), 1000 Riba and 1000mg of R1626 (16weeks) I continued to be undetectable until I  had to stop treatment due to dangerously low lymphocytes and CD3/CD4 on Nov 26 2008; after having done 43 of 48 weeks.  On Jan 2nd the blood work showed I relapsed and my viral load was 4M.  I would like to know how long I should wait to retreat.  How should I retreat? I  wonder if I had been able to take the full dose of the Peg if I would have had a better chance.  The Prodrug affected me so badly that they had to reduce the Peg.  I have not taken the R1626 since June of 08, it is now Jan 09 and my immune system is still affected
I would appreciate any advice or information you can share.  My doctor said that it would be a waste of time to try 48 weeks of SOC since I took that however I really didn't 135iu is not 180 and 43 is not 48.  I have been told that because I am stage 4 I will need to treat more aggressively or maybe longer.   I am very confused and afraid.  
Thank you
Dorene