Hepatitis Expert Forum
Strange Odor???

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Strange Odor???

I have chronic hepatitis C and in the past month I have developed a strange body odor.  I have also noticed a stronger smell of urine and bowels that is very sour.  Could this be related to hepC or should I look elsewhere for the cause of the odor.

_
Dear Clara:
Well, your question is one of the more interesting ones that I have received.  I doubt that your odor is related to your hepatitis C.  While anything is possible, I have not have other patients complain of this problem and I do not know of any reports in the literature that talk about this.  It is possible to have odor with very advanced liver disease and I assuming that you do not have this.  
Good luck with your situation.  I hope this information is helpful to you.  If you have additional information or questions, I would invite you to post the material to MEDHELP or to contact us directly at Henry Ford (313) 916-8865.  If you are in the Detroit or Michigan area, I would certainly invite you to see us. We have an active group of liver specialists and we have a strong interest in and experience with hepatitis C.
This response is being provided for general informational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice or consultation.  Always check with your personal physician when you have a question pertaining to your health.  

1 Comment
A related discussion, Embarassing Odor was started.