Hepatitis Expert Forum
confused!! elevated enzymes, positive hcv, negative ANA and AFPS

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

Posted By Katherine Anderson on June 05, 1999 at 10:06:04
Recently I found out I have slightly elevated liver enzymes (currently my ALT is 74 and AST is 44) and testing positive for HCV Hep C Virus Ab (I going right from lab reports) and low INR (1.0) which is apparently related somehow to the Prothrombin Time. I am also slightly anemic. Everything elso in the CMP,ALT/SGPT, and GGT is normal except for the elevation listed above.  The additional tests done were an anti-nuclear antibody titer which was negative<1:40 (whatever that means); alpha-fetaprotein, serum which was 3.5 and cerloplasmin and some misc. test which is not named.  My question is what does the ANA and AFPS tell me exactly and what is the cerloplasmin test for?  I have been going to liver support group which has been good support for me but I feel like I'm not getting adequate answers from my doctor.  She also said to get my blood tested once a year.  Is that enough or should it be sooner.  Are there additional tests I should have?  I had to be persistant to get these last tests ordered.  Thank you for your time. Kathy

Follow Ups:

Re: confused!! elevated enzymes, positive hcv, negative ANA and AFPS HFHSM.D.-D.M. 6/11/1999
(2)

confused!! elevated enzymes, positive hcv, negative ANA and AFPS jlh 7/02/1999
(1)

Re: confused!! elevated enzymes, positive hcv, negative ANA and AFPS HFHSM.D.-D.M. 7/11/1999
(0)

Re: confused!! elevated enzymes, positive hcv, negative ANA and AFPS Katherine 6/07/1999
(0)