Hepatitis Expert Forum
enlarged spleen, low platelet count

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

enlarged spleen, low platelet count

Posted by Debbie on August 15, 1999 at 12:33:32
My husband found out a year and a half ago he has Hep C.  At that time his platelet count was 110,ooo.  He has had a biopsy and has fibrosis and an enlarged spleen.  In the last year his platlet count has dropped to 68,000.  All the doctors keep saying is don't worry.  I can't believe that this is ok to drop that much in that length of time.  We also figure that he's had this for about 25 years, was a heavy drinker, but has been sober for two years now.  What happens if platlets keep going down?  He's also sick alot and has diabetes.

Posted by HFHSM.D.-D.M. on September 08, 1999 at 15:42:45
Dear Debbie:
First I regret the delay in answering the MedHelp questions in the last month but the delay was due to factors outside my control.  I appreciate your questions and I appreciate your concern about your husband
A related discussion, Cirrhois, Hep C was started.