Hepatitis Expert Forum
what to expect

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

what to expect

Hi, I'm new, a person dear to my heart has just tested positive for HCV.  Her liver enzymes have been elevated for at least a year.  She was waiting to get insurance.  In the last six month, I've seen a big change in her, extreme swelling in the legs and feet, her stomach has really gotten big, I don't know if this is swelling or what.  She is always extremely tired, she bleeds very easily and bruises too.  She is currently seeking treatment, she is waiting for the referral from her doctor, oh, and her gallbladder is trashed and it will need to be removed.  However, the gp doctor told her she would have to see the specialist first.  She has a history of drug use, and alcohol.  She drinks very little now, however, the dr put her on hydrocodone for her pain in her legs.  Is this something she should take with liver problems?  From reading here I understand that she will have to have a liver biopsy, she had an ultra scan and ct scan and the doctor just told her about the gallbladder.  Please let me know what I should expect in the coming months.
1 Comment
no hydrocodone is not good for her liver.  There is better pain meds with no tylenol,like roxicodone.  It is a stronger pain med but wont affect her liver