Hepatitis Expert Forum
working full time

Questions posted in the Hepatitis Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts.

working full time

I am having trouble working full time w/ treatment. I had to stop the ribavirin for 2 weeks because I couldn't work and am restarting today but am worried I won't be able to work (mortgage,kids,car etc)
thanks
Consult a lawyer about Social Security Disability. Talk to your doctor about treatments avaliable to help with the side effects. Fatigue, depression, lack of sleep can all can be very hard to deal with but there are some options to help you with that, talk to you DR. Dont give up!
I HAVE BEEN DX  W/HEP.C X 6/7 YEARS. MY VIRAL LOAD IS 9MPLUS. MY DR. HASN'T TOLD ME ABOUT STAGES OF HEP C.NOR HAS HE  EXPLAINED  THE STAGES, CAN I STILL TAKE TX? HAD BI WHEN DX. FOUND OUT BY HAVING INS, POLICY DISC, HEP.C. I,VE BEEN VERY AF OF TX. , I AM A NURSE OF 26 YEARS. I FEEL I JUST CAN'T TAKE THE TX  AND WORK I FULL TIME JOB. HELP ME PLEASE...............THANK YOU,
If you are a nurse are you part of a Union? If you are contact your union and tell them of your issues they can help you get some sort of disability. Or as the previous person stated above contact a social security attorney,they are usually pretty fair most of them work on contingency. Friend of ours has Hep.C and she got on  Disability(She lives in Oregon) It took her a year to get on it though.
If you ever feel your DR is not doing whats best for you... find another.... you are paying him. One of the best things anyone can do for themselves is find a good dr who cares. You WILL LIVE LONGER if you ask me.... And yes if you are in a union contact them they are always great with that stuff ( I think) but it cant hurt... or a good old crazy lawyer :) they are always ready.
u can have a lawsuit against the company because they are discriminating against u when u have medical records to support why u are out sick .Believ me having hep c is like job security or a lawsuit ! Just make sure u cover ur *** with notes and everything is confidential also they are releasing that family leave act this year and u will even be paid for being out do not stress take are of urself and good luck ! God Bless
A related discussion, employment was started.