393?1254438139
Hernia User Group
Fat Containing Hernia?
About This Group:

This forum is for those who are is need of information about hernias or suspected hernias. It offers practical advice on treatments, expert treatment providers, and other resources. In addition, those with hernia surgery complications such as post herniorrhaphy pain syndrome or inguinodynia are welcome to ventilate; support/help others; and offer or receive practical advice on what options might be available to them to help ease or even eliminate their suffering.

Founded by Jerry523 on October 1, 2009
18 members

Fat Containing Hernia?

I have been diagnosed with a 'fat containing hernia' that is 'bilateral'. I know that this means there is one on each side, and I am told they are small after they were found in a CT scan. There is constant dull pain that increases with strain. I was told by the ER doc that I will need to consult with a surgeon. I have filed a Workers' Comp claim, and was wondering what the most likely treatment steps are going to be...? Will the hernia keep getting bigger, until there is eventually a dangerous small bowel protrusion or can I expect this to remain more or less stable? I am 41 and about 20lbs overweight. I don't mind the idea of surgery as much as the idea that this is going to be a chronic problem.
Tags: Pain, Hernia
kersh79 Going for my pelvic ultra s... Comment
Feb 08
Feeling hopeful :)
Jan 14 by kersh79
kersh79 commented on kersh79's status
Jan 05