Hernia Repair Expert Forum
Should I See a Urologist?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about hernia repair and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in hernia repair. A hernia occurs when part of an internal organ bulges through a weak area of muscle. Most hernias occur in the abdomen. Types of hernias, include, Inguinal, in the groin; Umbilical, around the belly button; Incisional, around or through a scar; Hiatal, in the diaphragm; Congenital Diaphragmatic, caused by a birth defect.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Should I See a Urologist?

I'm a male in my mid 40s and I had hernia surgery one year ago. My testicle on that side hangs lower now and sometimes when I'm feeling warm I have a little discomfort. Something feels different in there, not sure if I would call it sore. Was diagnosed in the past with epididymitis and a prostate infection. I think I would just feel better at this time getting a thorough check up of my genitals, etc. to know if everything is OK. Should I see a urologist instead of my family physician, and can I ask for a thorough check up?
Tags: Hernia
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank