Hernia Repair Expert Forum
Testicular discomfort

This is a place to ask questions about hernia repair and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in hernia repair. A hernia occurs when part of an internal organ bulges through a weak area of muscle. Most hernias occur in the abdomen. Types of hernias, include, Inguinal, in the groin; Umbilical, around the belly button; Incisional, around or through a scar; Hiatal, in the diaphragm; Congenital Diaphragmatic, caused by a birth defect.

Testicular discomfort
For a few weeks now, out of the blue, I started having a feeling that my testicles were swollen. I examined them and found no lumps, no redness or swelling and they appear normal in shape and size. I have also had a vague feeling on a few occasions that you get after being kicked in the groin. There is no pain really, and I have also checked for any lumps or tenderness that could be a hernia and all seems normal. I can lift weights, walk without pain, cough and do everything else and nothing I do causes pain or additional discomfort. This feeling is just annoying and I'm wondering if I should be concerned or if it's nothing to worry about. I'm a 57 year old male in otherwise good health, 5'10" tall and about 183 pounds. Thanks