Abdominal strain or Hernia?
About 15 weeks ago I played a game of touch rugby - I side stepped (it was very cold on the day - if this helps?) and I felt a click or weird pulling sensation from my groin up into my lower abdomen. I then could not carry on playing, but could walk fine without any pain.

I am now concerned as its been 15 weeks and when I try jog or do a few sit ups I feel pain (the pain is bearable when doing sit ups, but when I run it feels like its going to pull again). For me what I find strange is that I can do squat jumps, snatch and clean & jerk with no pain or discomfort whatsoever. I have been told that I have a hernia but I have no bulge or bruising. Again I have no pain or discomfort when walking or lifting weights, only if I slip and I have to get my balance back quick, running and sit ups.

I have not been to a doctor because I can not afford it, I am not on a medical aid and South African Doctors are expensive.

Please some one tell me how long its going to take or if I should be worried?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Its unlikely to be a hernia. Hernias generally are not painful and they are visible as a lump. Hernia is the protrusion of abdominal contents through an abnormal opening. It usually increases on coughing and reduces on lying down. The pain could most probably be due to a ligament problem in the hip joint. It could also be due to muscle strain. Only a consultation with your primary care physician can help diagnose. In the meantime avoid exercises or those movements which cause pain and give rest to the injured part. And you can take OTC Iburpofen pain medication. Ensure to take this medication after food to avoid gastritis.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.