Femoral Hernia Question
Hi all

I am having a bit of trouble with a femoral hernia. I was diagnosed with it a few weeks back and tonight all of a sudden, and I can't seem to lie down and go to sleep without being in pain.

I am ok if I am standing or sitting (odd), but it is when I am lying down where it's hurting a little in my groin, and also down my left leg

It;s a completely reducible hernia and only 2cm when I am pushing. From what the doctor is saying, there's only fat protruding.

Does anyone know if the pain tonight related to the hernia?
Hello and good you are doing well.

Hernia can cause a dragging sensation. It can cause pain if there is a complication like strangulation. Sciatica can also cause the symptoms described by you. There is back pain which radiates to the leg and foot. This can be caused due to spinal disc herniation, spinal stenosis and piriformis symdrome.  You can try avoiding those postures and movements which aggravates your symptoms. Could try cold or hot compress for relief from pain.

Please consult your primary care physician for further evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.