Hernia repair: laparoscopic surgery or open surgery
I have inguinal hernia on both side of my groins and want to get repair both of them at same time. I consulted a surgeon and he suggested the laparoscopic surgery but some of my relatives are opposing it. They are saying that the success rate of laparoscopic surgery is less and chances of getting hernia back is quite more. Please help me i m confused for which type of surgery should i go.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. The postoperative recovery is usually faster with laparoscopic repair than open repair of hernias. It has a smaller scar. Studies have found that people have less pain after laparoscopic hernia repair than after open hernia surgery. Patients can return faster to work. And if both the sides are involved laparoscopy is preferable as it is possible to check for and repair a second hernia on the opposite side at the time of the operation.  So, discuss all the options with your doctor and then plan for surgery.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.