Hernia
Recently when I cough real hard, I have emphysema, it feels like I'm getting something pulled on my left side below my waste down to my left testicle. If I push real hard in this area while I'm coughing, it makes it easier to cough with out pain. Is this a symptom of a hernia, and will wearing a jock strap or real tight underwear help? I really doubt that I would be eligible for surgery because of my breathing and being put under.
Hello!
There are chances that you could be suffering from hernia. Did you also notice a lump? A hernial lump will be seen when you laugh, sneeze or cough. Before starting any treatment you need to consult a doctor. A complete history with clinical examination will help in arriving at a diagnosis. It is very difficult to confirm anything without external examination. People with emphysema are not usually good candidates for laparoscopic hernia repair. In such patients alternative methods non surgical methods are preferred like use of a belt etc.The treating surgeon can opine best about it. Hope it helps. Do write to us again with more details.
Best wishes!