Hernia Community
Herniated bellybutton?

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

Herniated bellybutton?

I just did some quick research to see if I might have a herniated bellybutton. I don't know what else it could be. Why is it not painful? I read that I should lie down and relax if my bellybutton area feels stressed and massage the tissue back in. I guess I'm concerned bc anytime I'm standing up the bulge is there. I don't want it to grow or get incarcerated. Don't know what to do... 23 weeks prego. :)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hernia is the protrusion of abdominal contents through an abnormal opening. In your case, I am suspecting it most probably to be an umbilical hernia. You can wait till delivery of your baby and then follow up with your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.