Hernia Community
Inguinal Hernia Repair 1yr ago, why pain now?
About This Community:

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Inguinal Hernia Repair 1yr ago, why pain now?

I had open surgery to repair a minor tear in the inguinal canal just over a year ago.  My symptoms then were abdominal cramping, cold L testicle, and sharp testicle pain.  The doctor used a small mesh to reinforce the hernia sack and inguinal canal.  I recovered fairly quickly and had only minor pains normal for recovery.  At about 2 months post surgery I started back working out, basketball, and working full time construction again.  Everything felt fine except a little tenderness where there are some small bumpy formations low on my pelvic bone right above my L testicle.  Other than that all was until about a month ago.  The odd thing is I have not been working out due to major thumb sprain, and I have not been working due to winter weather.  I literally have been laying around being a bum for the last 2 months or so.  I now have the same symptoms noted above only not as severe as pre surgery.

My questions are:
What could the bumps be on my pelvic bone and why do they feel hard?
Would lack of excersize and total laziness cause problems for the previous hernia repair?
Pre repair, working out made the pain worse, could a workout routine possibly help? cardio/bodyweight stuff.
When would the talk of additional repair be made since its only been a year?
Tags: inguinal, Hernia, repair, Pain, past surgery, abdominal cramp, teticular pain, inguinal canal, mesh
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The mesh can sometimes cause the ‘bumps’. Also, the postoperative fibrous tissue can cause the pain. Sedentary lifestyle will not aggravate the symptoms, only vigorous workouts or exercise can worsen the symptoms. Only a complete clinical examination and evaluation may help to diagnose the cause and therapy will be based on this.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hernia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank