Is surgery the only solution for extraforaminal disc herniation ?

I'm a 62 years old woman, i had already suffered from two disc hernias and had two surgeries 12 years ago.

Recently, i had a severe pain, and when i did a scanner they told me that i have an extraforaminal disc herniation. I would know please if it is necessary to do a third surgery, or if there is another "safer" solution to this kind of hernia.

The conclusion of the scanner which i translated from french, was :

"left extraforaminal discal protrusion in L4-L5, seems not conflict with the corresponding root of advanced osteoarthritis of the lumbosacral spine"

Thanks a lot for your help.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Disc herniation may not always require surgery. Depending on the severity of your symptoms your doctor may prescribe pain medications and may advise physical therapy. In the meantime, Avoid those movements or exercises that aggravate your pain. Try not to lift weights or bend as this can worsen your symptoms. Try applying local analgesic creams. Place ice over the painful area every 1-2hrs for pain relief. Sleep on a firm surface with a pillow under the knees and take OTC pain medications like Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen. Ensure to take them after food.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Thank you so much for your precious help, i will definitely take your advice into consideration, and keep you informed.

Thank you and kind regards.