Hernia Community
Is there something wrong???

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

Is there something wrong???

So my bf has a small lump on his left testicle and it hurts and that same testicle hangs lower than the right one is there a prob??
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello there,
A clinical examination is necessary for diagnosing your Bfs condition. The common possibilities are a cyst, torsion of testis, varicocoele or a hernia.  An epididymal cyst is a lump caused by a collection of fluid in the epididymis and if it contains sperm, it is known as a spermatocele.Varicocoele is caused by dilated tortuous veins in the scrotum. Testicular torsion is a medical emergency causing severe painful swelling which occurs when a testicle becomes twisted due to interruption of its blood supply. It is advisable that he sees a doctor and gets it examined. Treatment will depend on the cause. Keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!