Hernia Community
Mrs
About This Community:

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mrs

had my hernia operation in January this year and had nothing but problems my stomach looks like i am 6 months pregnant i eventually had a meeting with the surgeon who said i have got to have another operation togeather with a plastic surgeon and i will be in hospital for 4 to 5 days he did not go into detail but i would like to know what happens and will i feel and look better after the operation
Hi there,
It would have been really helpful if you had shared more details about your symptoms. Are you having a recurrence of hernia after the surgery? There are few factors which may lead to recurrence like inadequate dissection, insufficient prosthesis size, insufficient prosthesis overlap of hernia defects, improper fixation, prosthesis folding or twisting, missed hernias, or mesh lifting secondary to hematoma formation. Laparoscopic repair is recommended for reoperation of a recurrence after primary open repair. It is best to have a frank discussion with your surgeon about the management plan. Before going for the surgery you must be well acquainted with the outcome and prognosis of the surgery. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Take care and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hernia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank