Mrs
had my hernia operation in January this year and had nothing but problems my stomach looks like i am 6 months pregnant i eventually had a meeting with the surgeon who said i have got to have another operation togeather with a plastic surgeon and i will be in hospital for 4 to 5 days he did not go into detail but i would like to know what happens and will i feel and look better after the operation
Hi there,
It would have been really helpful if you had shared more details about your symptoms. Are you having a recurrence of hernia after the surgery? There are few factors which may lead to recurrence like inadequate dissection, insufficient prosthesis size, insufficient prosthesis overlap of hernia defects, improper fixation, prosthesis folding or twisting, missed hernias, or mesh lifting secondary to hematoma formation. Laparoscopic repair is recommended for reoperation of a recurrence after primary open repair. It is best to have a frank discussion with your surgeon about the management plan. Before going for the surgery you must be well acquainted with the outcome and prognosis of the surgery. Do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Take care and regards!