Pain after hernia surgery
I had hernia repair surgery with mesh about 6wks ago. I have one 5in long incision at my belly button,4 about 1in long incisions, 4 about 1/2in spots (these little spots did not have stitches or staples) and 1 area where the drain was at. I am an overweight person who has a large belly and I am 40yr female. I feel good except a burning sometimes very painful spot in my abdomen it is between the large incision and where the drain was right about where my hernia was. This hurts mostly if I step up, roll over in bed, when i bend over, sometimes just when i stand for to long and when I stand from a sitting postion. My Dr. says it is all normal feelings, but that was through a phone call he has not seen me since 1wk after surgery. Is this normal or should I be worried?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pulling pain could be due to the stitches inside. The pain could be due to the inflammation post surgery. As the swelling resolves, your pain should decrease. However, if the pain persists or if there is discharge, please consult your doctor. In the meantime you can take OTC Iburpofen pain medication. Ensure to take this medication after food to avoid gastritis. Apply cold compress to the wound for relief. Take Care!

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.