Hernia Community
Pelvic Pain (belly button and below) / All Blood in stool / Clear MRI &...

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

Pelvic Pain (belly button and below) / All Blood in stool / Clear MRI & Colonoscopy

I did have a colonoscopy and MRI done. The colonoscopy had shown 3 polyps that were removed. Slight hemorrhoids but the doctor said it is not enough to cause that much bleeding.  There was 1 small kidney stone and again the doctor said that would not cause the bleeding like I am having. The last thing that was showing was an slight umbilical hernia.  (I do see/know my belly button has always been out about 1/8 of an inch.)  

I am at a loss and the Doctor in Knoxville seems to have not a clue.

The symptoms seem to start Most of the time when I do lifting (light or heavy) but not always. Some times it starts if I work vigorously. I have had a few times it happens for no reason at all. Along with the bleeding I have lower pelvic pain at the belly button and below. On a normal day I have a bowel movement 5 to 8 times a day "with out" any bleeding. This is happens every normal day for as long as I can remember. If I am nervous about doing something the bowel movements "with out" any bleeding are even more than 10 times a day. My stomach is very bloated and tight to the touch during the bleeding times and I feel very week, tired and sick. The blood is always bright red and more than 2 cops in a days time when it happens. I have gone as much as 30 days with out a problem but as I get older it is getting worse. If I lift something the bleeding starts about 12 to 24 hours after. Lifting does not always start the bleeding but 75% of the time it does. I can feel the hole around the belly button area. When I strain or lift the area around the belly button tightens up. I know that that 1/8 of an inch "outtie" sticking out is squeezed when I lift or strain. The 1/8 sticking out is about the size of a pointer finger around and normal color. ( I was born with this and it was never fixed)
NOTE:
The bleeding part started after lifting something heavy about 8 years ago.    
I am at a loss with finding out why this is happening and getting worse. I am not able to do start any morning out on the run, I have to plan to be up at least 1 hour before leaving the house each day. The doctor here in Knoxville that had the test done did not bother calling me back with results. I finaly after 2 days I had to send a fax asking him to call with the results. Then with all the things he told me he said they were not enough to cause the symptoms I am having. He then said not much he can do and no further follow up is needed. This was suppose to be a good recommended doctor in the area.

I need help with any thoughts as to what this is !
I guess I have to narrow down what this down so I can help the next doctor I find the problem.

Right now my thoughts are the umbilical hernia could be an issue or maybe some other type of hernia.

Thank you in advance for any thought you can offer.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to Diverticulosis. In Diverticulosis as the name implies, there are small diverticula or pouches which project through the defects in the lining of the intestines. These diverticula can get inflamed resulting in a condition called diverticulitis, where there are symptoms of abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, bleeding and changes in bowel habits. This is detected by a colonoscopy, in colonoscopy the entire colon can be visualized and studies the inside lining of the intestines. It is mandatory that the entire colon is assessed, so that if there are any persisting bleeding spot they will be arrested. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.