Hernia Community
Pregnant or sick?

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

Pregnant or sick?

So the week before Last i was in front of my students and had to run in the bathroom twice to throw up then when i took them on the playgroung 10 minutes later i threw up again the alka seilzer my boss gave me to help me feel better that didn't work lol what's wrong with me either I had a stomach virus or im preggo the only thing is i would have concieved on April 5th and did not get my period that month but however i have a lot of brown discharge and a very medium heavy 3-4 day period/or impalmation bleeding lol the begining of May now were on 5/28/12 still in May I just wanna wait and see if i get my period next month I took preggo test all negative some turn positve after box time so i consider them negative and i took a blood test which of course was negative so i belive im not only reason i doubt it is because of the symptoms I've had and i know i had unprotected sex also i read online on some post that a few women had their baby but they got neg blood test has this ever happened to anyone on here if sooo i would love to know but who knows maybe i was just sick idk but I'm gonna monitor my period and then go from there!! I guess!!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there!
Pregnancy and menstruation both can’t happen at the same time. Sometimes there may be vaginal bleeding in early pregnancy which can be confused with menstruation. Early implantation bleeding can cause mild bleeding in the first few days after conception and lasts for a couple of days. Hormonal changes during early pregnancy or pregnancy on pills can cause vaginal bleeding which can be confused with menses. Since you have already done urine tests which have been nonconclusive you should get an ultrasound done for confirming whether you are pregnant or not. If it is not suggestive of pregnancy then other causes like hormonal changes, thyroid disorders etc should be ruled out as possible causes of missed periods. Schedule an appointment with a gynecologist. Hope it helps you. Do keep us posted.
Take care and Good luck!
Thank you so much for your advice your right I was thinking the same that I do need and ultrsound but i was debating but now iam going to get an ultrasound because i want to confirm this also i had surgery for cyst in the past and would like to monitor this too so your right ultrasound is best thank you i will keep you posted alsoI didn't want to mention but lately i have been alittle concerned about my stomach it looks more oval shaped and pointier Iam over weight so it's hard to tell if I just have weight gain but it does concern me that my lower belly is more oval shaped now this is new to me
today i took 3 hpt test and they all were negative according to the instructions but one did turn positive after like an hour with a blue line so idk but im still gonna see about an ultrasound to make sure i dont have cyst and ofcourse im not pregnant because of how my stomach is more oval shaped now and bigger