Hernia Community
(Spigelian) hernia?

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

(Spigelian) hernia?

8809020?1359856193
Hello everyone
So i'm 19 years old and i noticed that i have a little bulge in my lower abdomen, which i'm a little concerned about. My parents say that it is normal, but i'm really concerned because it's only on the right side. These pictures are not very clear but do you think that this is some kind of hernia? Please help me.
Thank you all
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The exact cause of your symptoms can be confirmed only after a clinical examination.Spigelian hernia is rare and difficult to diagnose clinically. The common symptoms are recurring pain following by a period of constant dull pain, a decrease in the proper function of the bowels etc.There may be a visible protrusion which may be soft to touch. If you are doubtful it is best to get it examined by a healthcare porofessional.A physical examination can help in determining the exact cause. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!