Hernia Community
Testicle Pain When Masturbating After Hernia Surgery

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

I had a inguinal hernia repair on my left side 4 days ago (7/16) and everything went pretty good. The surgical wound has been healing up well and I have no pain walking around and whatnot.

However, when I masturbate, my left testicle starts to hurt as if I got kicked in the nuts. This is only for the left testicle. It's so painful that it's so not worth it to do it anymore.. I also noticed that my left testicle is slightly off-balanced from my right. I know it's normal for the testicles to be like that, but I can't help to think that this is a sign of something.

I'm very concerned about this.. Does anyone have any experience on this? Is this just part of the healing process of a hernia repair?

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The pain could be due to the inflammation post surgery. As the swelling resolves, your pain should decrease. One testicle being lower than the other is a common occurrence. However, if the pain persists or if there is discharge, please consult your doctor. In the meantime you can take OTC Iburpofen pain medication. Ensure to take this medication after food to avoid gastritis. Apply cold compress to the wound for relief. Take Care!

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
brother, even i have the same problem.. after masterbation (masturbation) i feel like some one has kicked me ****** hard in the nuts... I have not gone through any surgeries. Scanning, ultrasound, wat not have been done,and all show "no problems".. Tormented through the cyberspace and urological clinics, doctors are clueless and the answer and reason is still "unknown"..
My quest still continues...