Hernia Community
Umbilical Hernia Question
About This Community:

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Umbilical Hernia Question

I currently went to my doctor and he informed me that I have a very slight umbilical hernia.  He said he can barely feel it and it seems to him just a small amount of fluid is coming through.  He told me that this is very common and if multiple people walked in off the street they would have the same thing.  He told me that I don't have to worry about having surgery and I should go about my routine as I normally would (lifting weights, sports etc).  I just wanted to post to see if anyone can confirm his advice.

Much Appreciated