groin hernia
I`m a 63 yr. old male, 150 lbs.decent shape. I had open surgery with mesh 2 1/2 yrs. ago, had pain everyday, surgeon says that the mesh must be removed . But when I went in to schedule this procedure, he said that he changed his mind and has nothing to replace the mesh with. So I am left to not knowing what to do next. I feel so desperate and tired of pain . Had a second and third opinion, cannot find anyone to help me.  Thanks in advance for anyone willing to help, I will be so grateful........................
Hello and hope you are good.
The common causes of post operative pain are visceral pain, neuropathic pain and somatic pain. Mesh placement usually negatively impacts the genital branch of the genito-femoral nerve. Femoral nerve injury involving either the motor, sensory, or both functions may have been negatively impacted. The mesh shrinks excessively, scars and retracts away from the host tissue. In such cases mesh removal and venorrhaphy may be necessary to appropriately treat the patient. It is best to clarify all your doubts and in case you are not satisfied with your doctor seeking a second opinion from an experienced surgeon would be really helpful. Do keep us posted.
Best luck and regards!