Hernia Community
help please!

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

help please!

-During last 10 years, from time to time I had bowel rumbling. To reduce that I was going to toilet
straining myself to remove gas.
-In the last two years, I had, in addition, feeling tired, bloating problems.
-6 months ago, one day in the morning I had a sharp pain in the right quadrant and then was diagnosed
with liver inflammation from ultrasound. The liver enzymes were high. After following a high-fiber diet
and loosing weight, the liver inflammation become normal and enzymes came to normal range.
However, the pain turned into a dull pain and recently I have excessive gas, bloating problems
and sometimes mucous in the stool. In February, I had a CT scan which showed normal gallbladder, pancreas, etc.

What is the recent cause of dull pain+gas+bloating problems in the right quadrant?
No blood in the stool, no fever and no appetite loose. I had excessive gas and bloating problems
after liver inflammation.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The liver inflammation has subsided and there are no gall bladder or pancreatic causes for your symptoms. I could make a few suggestions. Has Amoebiasis been ruled out? Amoebiasis is another infection, which can cause similar symptoms. This can be detected by a stool test. Some inflammatory bowel diseases like diverticulitis and crohn’s disease can produce similar symptoms. Here the walls of the intestines are swollen. This can be detected by colonoscopy. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.