hernia abo e navel
After a visit to my doctor today I was told I have a hernia above my navel.  It was buldging out and the doctor pushed it back.  It is still sitting out a little.  I was told I must have surgery to repair it and I need to lose weight first.  Can I do sit ups and yoga in addition to a weight loss program without causing harm to my body?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Engage in exercises that do not increase the abdominal pressure. The precautions you will have to take will be, to first rule out if you are a diabetic or not. If you are one, then your blood sugars must be brought to euglycaemic levels. The second precaution would be to see that the wound does not become infected; otherwise it will give way. After surgery, you have to maintain precautions while bending down and lifting heavy weights. The aim of the surgery is wound strengthening, so that hernia does not occur again. If the gap is large, then a mesh may be used.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.