hernia or not hernia?
I am a 40 year old mother of 5. 5'4" 125 lbs. I have been exercizing for years. I play volleyball 3x a week. Zumba 3x a week. racquetball intermittently and also have been running.
I recently started a power bar class where we were told to do 30 throwdowns for abdominal work. I noticed that i felt like i had 'pulled' a muscle  the next time we had class and i tried to do a pushup and could not...so i held off on doing any ab work for a couple of weeks. I gingerly added a few crunches after and then noticed a couple of days later that i felt a sort of bubble on my upper left stomach. I can only feel it on the outer at times. I do feel a constant 'spot' tho and it is causing concern. It has gotten to the point now  where i feel it during zumba and also when i just sit still.
I have several goals in mind for this year, one being a warrior dash and another to start cross fit training.
My question is: if it is a hernia, why would i net feel the bubble all of the time. How can i fix it? what are the recovery times for the fix? If it's not a hernia...what else could it be?

thanks.
tj
If it's a hernia at times it doesn't protrude from the opening. See your MD to have it checked.
If it is they at times put a mesh in at the Hernia. Recovery is a few weeks.
Hello!

Get an abdominal scan done such as an ultrasound to rule out any hernia. I doubt if it is a hernia till diagnosed. Rule out gastric acidity issues, follow up with a gastroenterologist.

Take care!