Hernia Community
hernia or not???

Hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through an opening in the organ’s wall. There are many types of hernias such as Inguinal Hernia (in the groin), Umbilical Hernia (around the belly button), and Incisional Hernia (through a scar). Discuss topics including prevention, symptoms, causes and surgical treatments for hernias.

hernia or not???

i,m having this dull pain in my lower stomach..it extends to the right side my testes!! in that area to the right of them.some days kinda between pain and dull pain..i feel like its at my waistline and my groing area to the right..dont know if pains in both or radient,,cant spell lol..im seeing a digestive specialist..he checked me for a herina..but he did this mid stomach area!! i thought the stomach hernia was also at waistline as well..were it goes threw the stomach wall my left or right testes???? they want to do a colonspy witch i,m going to i turned 50 yrs old xmas..but to me this dont seem colon related??  symptoms of a hernia can be difft in everyone..if i was to google it i get text only..not like people having experinces..any help be great...thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hernias around the inguinal area are usually visible as a swelling. The inguinal ligament separates the abdomen from the thigh below. If you see a swelling which is above the ligament and if it increases on coughing and disappears on lying down it is an inguinal hernia. If the swelling is below the ligament it is a femoral hernia. They are usually diagnosed by a physical examination. If your doctor has not seen a swelling, its unlikely you have a hernia.

Colonoscopy may have been advised to detect diseases of the colon. In colonoscopy the entire colon can be visualized and studies the inside lining of the intestines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thank you dockter