hiatal hernia?
i was in the er today for pain in the uppper abdominal. I am8 weeks post op for getting my gallbladder out.
the dr thought that a stonecould have been stuck in a duct.i had a sonogram and blood work and a chest x-ray done. i was experiencing chest discomfort as well. My liver enzymes came back normal and the rest ofmy bloodwas normal.the ultrasound showed no left over stones in the ducts. my pancreas was perfect as well.
i recently moved from1 apartmen tto another and moved some quite heavy stuff.
The pain is at the top of my stomach and middle part.  it is almost near the insicion betweenmy belly button and my sternum.
i should add that in 2004 i had an umbilical hernia which was fixed but was aggravated in 2007 wheni gave birth to my son.
Does this soundlikea hiatal hernia??? or  did iinjur myself? im contacting my GI tomorrow and demanding an endoscopeto see whats going on in there. it feelssore as hell now...almost likeafullstomach. imnot belchingnor doi have diarrhea or vomiting.nofever and no nausea.
From what I read, Sliding herinas typically cause no symptoms but can make acid reflux worse. I think this just maybe complications from your surgery. I have been told my GB needs to be taken out due to two small polyps but not sure if I want to since they are small and have no symptoms.
no complications from the surgery.i had an ultrasound and there were no extra stones, no bile fluid in the abdomen, no pancreas issues  and all my bloodwork came back fine.
i am8 weekspost op from the GB and i recovered fine!