umbilical hernia?
A couple months back (not sure how many) I started having problems with my belly button. The problem then was it was very red and irritated it and a smelly brownish i'll say discharge and it was itchy. I was going to see a doctor but i was told it was a yeast infection. I cleaned it out everyday with antibacterial soap, it then went away. So now a few months later its back but this time there is no discharge its not red or itchy and does not smell. The problem started Saturday it hurt a little when i bent over, 6 days later and the pain has got so bad that it hurts to walk a little i can not lay on my stomach or on my side and can not bend over. I was told it might be an umbilical hernia. Though myself or family have tried to look for a bulge and found none as this was what we were told to do. On related posts people have said they experience this pain when they have or are getting there period. I just got my period yesterday 5 days after the pain started. I am the type of person to worry ha and just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about this?  
Hello and hope you are doing well.

A hernia will not cause a discharge, its most likely an umbilical infection. If its a hernia, you can feel the defect and the contents protruding through. Hernias are caused due to increased abdominal pressure like coughing, constipation or lifting heavy objects and increase in size with these maneuvers.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.