Herpes Community
1.09 Equivocal on Herpes Select Test

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

1.09 Equivocal on Herpes Select Test

So I Originally had a STD test done about 8 Months ago in which It was totally clean, I later on had unprotected sex and came down with a fever and flu like symptoms for three days. After which I noticed I had a rash on my penis and small red pimples, So I went in for a second blood test and on the "HSV 2 IGG, Herpeselect, it reads 1.09 - Equivocal,

Chart to Read Herpes Is.

1.10 - Positive

The doctor states that I am pretty much a  Maybe, and then after showing him my genitals says I don't have it and that I should not be worried since he knows what herpes looks like. I'm confused to wether I should go in for a third blood test or should i just stop freaking out. Maybe see an Infection Disease Doctor? Any Ideas?

Moved from STD
thank you for putting the old BK advertisement into my head with your nickname....lol.... will be singing that dang thing all day now I"m sure....lol.

how long after the last time you had sex had you had the latest herpes test done?

grace
I mean big mac ad....I was so busy picturing a burger I got side tracked...lol.
It has been six months after I had sex with her, I never had any huge lesions or any blisters pop open, scab over. The dots I've had on my penis were pinpoint in size, and they appear sometimes after i drink, stress, masturbate, etc. Never have appeared on there own. Maybe it can be some sort of glad issue? not sure. But is 1.09 still pretty high for a herpes select test? thanks.