Herpes Community
2 little shallow reddish bumps on bottom of nostril

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Well, last night before bedtime, I felt a little sticking sensation on the bottom part of one of my nose nostrils. Thought maybe a stray nose hair or something caused it. Didn't think anything about it. little later felt it again. Started feeling around and that nostril felt a little more swollen than the other, more than normal. looked in the mirror, couldn't really see anything in normal light. So I got a little handheld bright halogenic flashlight and looked up my nose. Saw nothing. But then on the on the bottom edge of the nostril I noticed a slightly raised shallow reddish bump. (The flashlight brightened all the skin around it so I could see the reddish area. Doesn't really look like a pimple. Just kind of a flat round slightly raised reddish bump. No whitehead or puss head like a few of the pimples I've noticed popping up in various areas of my body lately. This bump looks more like a little lesion maybe. No blister either. Although it does seem to have a little bit of a shiny spot on it. I dabbed a cleanex to it and seemed there was a slight little spot of oil or something came off of it. But not much. It's small. Maybe 1/8 inch in diameter. Also, there is one just like it on the middle bottom nostril. Same characteristics as the other one.

Not sure what to think about these. I went to bed, they didn't really hurt but I could feel them a little. The nostrils have a lot of cartilage in them and don't really feel pain in the same way other parts of the body do. They also don't itch. But I could just kind of feel them there. Not really sure if I'd say tingling but I could feel them. This morning they are still there. Don't hurt or anything, Just kind of a sensation they have being there. I have my doubts about these. They just appeared out of nowhere, and I'm pretty sure they are not pimples, cause I've had pimples on the nostrils before and the nostril will get red around the pimple and swell up and just hurts. And usually has a white head. These are just like two little shallow sores sitting there. And they have kind of a little slight shiny, bumpy, rashy texture to them if I look through a magnifying glass at them.

I have had no contact with anyone since I had an encounter of a woman giving me oral about the first week of June. And I had a specific IGG test done for HSV2 the latter part of July, about a month and half after the encounter. That test came back negative. Then I had specific IGG test for HSV1 done the latter part of August (about Aug 20) which is 2 1/2 months after the encounter. And that test also came back negative. And besides, this is happening on my face area which I had no contact with the woman. I haven't had any kind of OB's other than a few random puss pimple looking things on various parts, legs, arms in the last couple months (which have seemed a little uncommon for me). But I was told from a visual exam that those were nothing. So I would think any kind of autoinnoculation is not an issue. And everything I'm reading here on this form lately says that's not possible anyway. Unless I tested too soon? But even if this was an old infection that's just coming to surface on my nose, then the IGG test should have shown something. I've never had cold sores. A lot of this isn't making a whole lot of sense to me. Guess I'll see if these clear up in a couple of days.
odds are these nose symptoms are not hsv1. if you really need the peace of mind, be seen today for a lesion culture.