2 pos hsv2 / WB negative
I have to share that I received my results today from my Western Blot.....I am pos hsv1 and neg hsv2

I previously had 2 blood tests done that were type-specific and they both came back neg hsv1 and pos hsv2
the hsv2 was at 4.5

I'm having a horrible time with the fact that providers do this testing at their clinics and throw positive HSV2's out to people, throwing them into a horrible state of mind when it may not be true.

I have educated my doctor quite a bit on this subject and she, herself, is confused.

From my point of view....however the time frame is that Grace gives you for the Western Blot....do that wait time and get it done...it's worth it for the peace of mind. I truly didn't think I had a chance with a 4.5. But I had no symptoms and my previous partner of 4 years was negative and things just didn't add up....so I had a glimmer of hope.

Never give up !!

congrats on your results :)

we don't get many in that range that are falsely positive but it is still a possibility.

grace
This really gives me hope.. your the second person with a igg over 4.5 that has tested negative on WB .. mine was 4.22 AND 3 DAYS LATER 3.6